UJ Arts & Culture seeks to appoint an experienced Theatre Technician who will be responsible for all technical aspects of internal and external productions, concerts, events, festivals, seminars and conferences presented across the University’s campuses, including the responsibilities listed below.
- Operate or oversee operation of theatre equipment for all internal and external productions, concerts, events, festivals, seminars and conferences across all campuses;
- Stage management of selected internal and external productions, concerts, events, festivals, seminars and conferences;
- Management, coordination and training of the technical crew and backstage staff;
- Maintenance of all UJ Arts & Culture’s venues, facilities and equipment across all campuses;
- Administration including sourcing and processing quotations, preparation of schedules, delegation of crew duties and communications with internal departments regarding productions, concerts, events, festivals, seminars and conferences; and
- Act as UJ Arts & Culture Health & Safety Officer.
- Stage Management Diploma / Advanced Certificate;
- Five years’ experience and proven track record in technical operations and managing technical crews;
- Good written and verbal communications skills; and
- Advanced knowledge of theatre technical equipment.
- Theatre Technology or Stage Craft qualification
Competencies and Behavioural Attributes:
- Excellent technical ability;
- Interpersonal skills; and
- Time management skills.
Enquiries regarding the job content: Pauline Senne at (011) 559-4694 (HCM Business Partner)